1. Gareth Bale – Made his debut for Southampton in April 2006
2. Karim Benzema – Made his debut for Lyon in January 2005
3. Diego Costa – Made his debut for Penafiel in August 2006
4. Thomas Muller – Made his debut for Bayern Munich in August 2008
5. Cesc Fabregas – Made his debut for Arsenal in October 2003
6. Manuel Neuer – Made his debut for Schalke in August 2006
7. Eden Hazard – Made his debut for Lille in November 2007
8. Andres Iniesta – Made his debut for Barcelona in October 2002
9. Mesut Ozil – Made his debut for Schalke in July 2006
10. Neymar – Made his debut for Santos in March 2009
11. Paul Pogba – Made his debut for Manchester United in September 2011
12. Vincent Kompany – Made his debut for Anderlecht in July 2003
13. Sergio Ramos – Made his debut for Sevilla in February 2004
14. Xavi – Made his debut for Barcelona in August 1998
15. Cristiano Ronaldo – Made his debut for Sporting in August 2002
16. Wayne Rooney – Made his debut for Everton in August 2002
17. Luis Suarez – Made his debut for Nacional in May 2005
18. Bastian Schweinsteiger – Made his debut for Bayern Munich in November 2002
19. John Terry – Made his debut for Chelsea in October 1998
20. Lionel Messi – Made his debut for Barcelona in October 2004
Today they are some of the best players in the world, all well styled by teams containing dozens of PR experts. But how did they scrub up when they first started out?
In this gallery of images you can take a look back at how some of the greatest footballers in the world looked on their debuts, and compare them to how they appear today.
Bastian Schweinsteiger’s old hair is something to behold!
Note: For some of these footballers, we were unable to obtain licenses to show images from their actual debuts. In these instances we have shown images from games played no more than a couple of months after their debuts instead – they still look the same!
Read more at http://talksport.com/football/then-and-now-how-20-worlds-best-footballers-looked-their-debuts-160518196331#2hsE0fJUy2dwQzem.99