Muslim players: Islam players in Real Madrid footballSeptember 27, 2020
Real Madrid known as one of the most popular teams in the world that attract many professional footballers around the world. That, of course, including muslim players. Throughout its history, many muslim footballers that ever play for Real Madrid and some of them even become key member for clubs, write history and won many honours with club.
So who are muslim soccer players in Real Madrid – past and present? In this season, there are two players with Islam as their religion in Real Madrid squad. One of them is Karim Benzema, experienced forward that become key member for Real Madrid in 9 seasons. The other one is Achraf Hakimi, right back youngster from Morocco that first break into Real Madrid first team in late 2017.
(read also muslim players in Barcelona)
Ussd code to deposit to bet9ja account
While example of Real Madrid muslim players in past time are German duo – Mesut Ozil and Sami Khedira, Nuri Sahin, Hamit Altintop, Lassana Diarra, Emmanuel Adebayor and Zinedine Zidane. The latter now become Real Madrid manager, even managed to won 2 Champions League trophies in 2016 and 2017.
List of Muslim Players in Real Madrid
There are some muslim footballers in Real Madrid from time to time. Below is list of Real Madrid muslim player and his personal detail (birth date, position, club career, honours).
Karim Benzema is French footballers with Algerian descent. Benzema known as one of the most popular muslim players in Europe. He started his career at Lyon and then moved to Real Madrid from 2009 to current date. As a practicing muslim, he observes fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. Benzema become main forward for Real Madrid in recent years, helping Real Madrid won 3 Champions League in 2014, 2016 and 2017 as starter in final match.
Achraf Hakimi is Spanish-born Moroccan footballer who play as right defender. He is product of La Fabrica, Real Madrid youth academy and succesfully break through Real Madrid first team. Hakimi is one of most promising youngster in La Liga 2017-2018. He also called on Morocco national football team.
Ex-Real Madrid Muslim Footballers
In the past years, there are several muslim footballers in Real Madrid. Some have succes spells (i.e Zidane, Ozil) but some muslim players also flop (i.e Sahin, Altintop).
- Mesut Ozil, German playmaker, join Real Madrid in 2010 and left to Arsenal in 2013, known by his vision and passing ability
- Sami Khedira, center midfielder from Germany, play for Real Madrid between 2010 to 2015
- Lassana Diarra, French defensive midfielder, infamously known with his no. 10 shirt
- Nuri Sahin, Turkish midfielder brought from Dortmund, spend most of his career at Madrid on loan spells
- Hamit Altintop, versatily player from Turkey, can play in defence, midfield and attacking position
- Mahamadou Diarra, defensive midfielder from Mali, spend 5 seasons in Real Madrid
- Zinedine Zidane, French playmaker, one of the greatest Real Madrid players of all time, join Real Madrid in 2001 and retired in 2006
- Nicolas Anelka, French forward, play one season for Real Madrid in 1999-2000
- Emmanuel Adebayor, striker from Togo, join Real Madrid on loan in 2011
Real Madrid is one of the best football clubs in the world and it is no wonder that many players around the world want to join this club, including muslim players. Some of the best players in world football such Zinedine Zidane, Mesut Ozil, Karim Benzema or Sami Khedira become notable example of muslim players in Real Madrid